Sunbeam Community & Developmental Services is a multi-site, multi-faceted organization providing client supports, day program and other services for individuals with a developmental disability.
We are currently seeking high performers for part time positions who possess drive, determination and a passion for supporting high behaviour individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We are in search of individuals that can commit to day, afternoon, evening and overnight shifts along with short notice shifts when needed. In return we offer a competitive wage of $24.81 per hour, training opportunities including a comprehensive orientation and Safe Management Training, a positive and supportive work environment, and a chance to grow your career in the Developmental Services Sector.
As a member of a support team, Behaviour Support Workers in our group homes will work in conjunction with a Multi-Disciplinary team to ensure a welcoming, safe and healthy living environment for clients with challenging aggressive behaviours. You will be required to assist clients with: Developmental Programming, Community Outings, Activities of Daily Living, Behaviour Interventions and Medication Administration.
- Diploma in Social Services or related field, we will consider a wide variety of education backgrounds for these positions as we provide comprehensive training. We do require the willingness to learn and a dedication to serving individuals with unique and challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated experience and flexibility in providing support to individuals with severe emotional and behavioural difficulties; ability to perform all techniques taught in Safe Management
- Demonstrated commitment in implementing communication and behavioural support plans in conjunction with other team members
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and support Person Centered Planning
- Strong commitment to supporting individuals in becoming more involved in their communities
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs, electronic record keeping and data collection systems
- Current Certification in First Aid/CPR
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License (G2 minimum) and willingness to drive any of the agency vehicles (including highway driving/driving out of town)
- Able to successfully complete and provide a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Able to work a variety of shifts including days, afternoons, evenings and overnight shifts along with short notice shifts when needed
- Previous experience working with individuals with highly aggressive behaviours, dual-diagnosis, intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities and/or medical needs is considered an asset
- Able to commit to working up to three shifts per week/up to 24 hours per week (Monday – Sunday) and two out of three weekends
Salary: From $25.68 per hour
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org